KITE is currently working on the transformation of this building in the Armory District on Providence’s West End into fifteen live-work rental lofts.
Formerly the Pilgrim Congregational Church built in 1874, the structure was damaged by a series of unfortunate events, including a hurricane which removed its large steeple as well as a number of fires which destroyed the original roof as well as gutted the interior. Given a new life as a furniture warehouse in the first part of the century, it continued standing albeit with a diminished spirit on the lovely tree-lined street of restored Victorian houses.
This renovation will stabilize and remove many of the more disrespectful modifications, and create spacious loft apartments that reflect the rich character of the structure. New windows, stairs, and indoor parking will complement the spacious, open floor plans.